Wednesday, April 23, 2008





Spring looks like it's finally coming!!

This week so far has been beautiful. The temps have been in the mid to upper 70's and it's been sunny all three days. Tyson and Lucas are getting ready to have mommy home all day starting May 1st. Purdue lets out and Sabrina doesn't have to go back till mid August. We don't have any major travel plans, but we are pretty flexible and can go on short notice. One thing that's really neat....my mom, Carol, is getting married. She met a dentist named Bill and they hit it off and are getting married on May 3rd. He's very nice, treats her great and they have fun together. What more could you ask for really?!!? I am going to play for the wedding, the only "non-family" member (although she really is like a daughter to mom), BeAnn is going to sing and it's going to be a wonderful celebration. Keith is coming home, but it's going to be quick...just Friday to Sunday, and then mom and Bill are going to basically follow Keith back home to Myrtle Beach for their honeymoon. So happy for mom.


Tyson sang the ENTIRE "ABC song" last week (April 14th, 2008), and hasn't stopped singing it yet!! It's so great, but if you ask him to do it on command you get a resounding, "NO". But if you are patient, you will hear it very soon. It's so great and he's really on pitch most of the time. Sabrina and I talked about that and wondered if they would get daddy's gift of singing. Lucas seems to be a little bit more interested in playing music, but Ty does too, to be fair.


Ty had a bout of excema. He's had it since birth, but this was a pretty bad episode. We have a dermitologist appt. set up for early May, so I hope they have some answers. If you look on the internet, there doesn't seem to be a lot of things you can do. It's not curable, only treatable, but most postings say kids grow out of it most of the time by adulthood.


Lucas has all of his teeth in and loves to tease. Today we were playing and he kept calling me "ma ma", I would correct him and say "da da" and act like I was getting mad...he would just get tickled and belly laugh and bury his head into my chest. We did that for 30 minutes, easy. Lucas still likes to hit too much and we are working on that, but today I got bit for the first time with him. Ty wasn't much of a biter, and he's a quick learner of what not to do, but Lucas gets his feelings hurt so easily. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to being told "no, that is hurting me" a lot.


We have a lot of pictures that we downloaded. I will try and get as many as I can on here for you to see. Hope all is well and I plan on posting as often as I can...summer is almost here!! Get excited. Bruce

(Pictures...Mom and Bill, Tyson and Lucas cracking each other up, Lucas in his crib after reading a cloth book, (reading does that to me too by the way!!), and "early morning hair", painting with mommy's close supervision)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home