Saturday, October 22, 2005

What a week in Michigan!!

Hey there guys,
We took off for Michigan last Sunday and we were unsure how Ty would do on a pretty long trip. It was almost 3 hours of driving, but he slept the whole time! What a great surprise. The only thing was that kind of messed up his sleep pattern for the week. Maybe he just wasn't used to the change or maybe it was all the sleep he got on Sunday at the start, but he had several restless nights. But all in all, he was great and a hit with total strangers who passes us by.

We had dinner with our friends up there Sunday night. They are Joe and Lynda, the owners of the place we stayed at in Saugatuck, MI. They have known us since Sabrina and I started dating and we love there cottage on the Kalamazoo river. If you like what you see in the pictures, let us know and we will give you the info on how you can stay there too. Saugatuck is a really cute little artsy town, but we lucked out and it was peak fall colors up there, so that was an added bonus.

I did sneak in a little golf with our other friend Jeff Wells, a local asst. pro. He has set me up with some really good golf courses and the prices have been right on with what I like!!!.....of course, free!!! Best kind of golf.

But most of the time it was just family time, driving, shopping, eating and just relaxing. Bre and I were in the hot tub the last night and a momma deer and her yearling came into view from the valley below our cottage and we just watched them for 30 minutes. That was really cool. Bre did a little homework for dance and I tried how to figure out the satalite tv which I think I did correctly, but still couldn't get ESPN. That was my only gripe...no Sunday night football and no Main Event Poker...damn. But the weather was Heavenly and the colors were fantastic. Oh...and I did take Bre and Ty to a bowling alley during a half hour rain storm where we bowled three games and I got an all-time high score of 224!! My old high was 204 so I was really bringing it. I may never see that number again, but at least I did it once!!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures and we'll try to post more soon.
Thanks,
Bruce

PS...the pictures are Joe and Lynda, the owners of our cottage, the view one morning with fog burning away, and the last one is us at Oval Beach in Saugatuck, MI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home